Back to School Questions?
There is a lot you need to know about the start of school! This page contains information for all families, whether you are new to the High Point community or have been here for years. Any questions not addressed here should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent's Night Info
Not able to make it to the Mount Horeb Parent's Night? Watch the recorded zoom meeting here.
The recorded Madison Campus zoom is available here. (The presentation begins at 2 minutes and 40 seconds.)
Answers to Back to School Frequently Asked Questions will be posted here.
Our school day begins at 8:30 am and ends at 2 pm.
Doors open at 8 am. Early drop off is not allowed. Families may have to drop students off at multiple entrances. This is for the health and safety of all children and employees in the school.
- K -8 Drop Off begins at 8 am. Class begins promptly at 8:30.
- Grades 4, 7, and 8 will enter through the door by Micah E (Entrance 1)
- Kindergarten will enter through the door by the office (Entrance 2). Please park in the lot and walk your student(s) to the door.
- 1st and 2nd Grade will enter through the door by the 1st grade classroom (Entrance 3)
- Grades 3, 5, and 6 will enter through the doors by the Art Room (Entrance 4)
- Preschool Drop Off begins at 8:10am and ends at 8:30.
- All Preschool students will enter through the front doors, by the office (Entrance 2). Please park in the lot and walk your student(s) to the door.
Parents are not allowed in the building. An HPCS staff member will be at each entrance, directing students where to go.
Check out a map here.
Mount Horeb Campus:
- Grades K -1 drop off at the front entrance.
- Grades 2-3 drop off at the side entrance by the playground.
- Grades 4 - 8 drop off at the side entrance by the gym.
Our school day begins at 8:30 am and ends at 2 pm.
Madison Campus Full Day Student Pick-Up
2pm Pick Up
After school pick up will begin at 2pm. Parents/those picking up students will form a line around the building. They should display the laminated card with their student's last name in their driver's side or front window.
- Enter on the right side of the church building, and follow the road behind the church.
- If you have only have an elementary student, you will pick up your student in the west parking lot. Students will be waiting outside, following physical distancing requirements. K-2 students will be waiting in the parking spaces closest to the building. Students in grades 3 and 4 will be waiting in parking spaces closer to the businesses.
- If you have elementary and middle school students, pick up your elementary student(s) following the above procedure. Turn left out of the west parking lot and pull up to the front of the school to pick up your middle schooler.
- If you only have a middle school student, please park in the parking lot and wait for them to come to your vehicle.
- Staff members will direct the flow of traffic; please follow their instruction.
- To keep the flow of traffic, please do not get out of your vehicle. If you need to buckle your child, pull into the main parking lot.
- For the safety of your and others' children, do not pass other vehicles.
- Please, no pets in the carpool line.
Reference this map for a visual.
If you are delayed in picking up your student, please call the office (608-836-7170) no later than 2:10 pm.
Students not picked up by 2:10 will be escorted to the office where they will be supervised until they are picked up. The parent/person responsible for pick-up will have to call the school office upon arrival. There may be an additional charge for students who are picked up late.
3:23 Pick Up
All students who will be picked up at 3:23 will be waiting in the west parking lot.
Students are required to bring their own lunch and snacks each day. Sharing of food is not allowed. Hands must be cleaned/sanitized before and after eating.
Students must bring two filled water bottles to school each day. Please label water bottles with the student's name. Consider using reusable bottles.
Contact the office if:
- you know in advance your student will be absent (ie vacation) and need an Advanced Absence Request form
- your student is sick.
- you are picking up your student early.
- you will be late picking up your student.
- you need to make alternate arrangements for pick up.
- you need to enter the building.
If you have non-classroom specific questions, please address them to office and the appropriate staff member will be in touch with you.
Office email address is email@example.com
Office Telephone number is 608-836-7170.
See this document for more Office Communication Frequently Asked Questions.
Many emails are also sent directly from the office or specific staff. Please make sure your email address is up-to-date in your Family Portal. Your phone number should be current as well.
Classroom teachers frequently communicate via email as well. It is very important to monitor this communication regularly.
Follow High Point Christian School on Facebook to see photos and updates as well!
Check out our Parent Handbook page for all handbooks (Madison campus, Mount Horeb campus, and Preschool). There you will also find our COVID Policies.
Family Portal is your hub for all things High Point Christian School. Here you will update student and family information, view student's grades, find helpful documents, and much more.
See this Family Portal Cheat Sheet for helpful tips on using Family Portal.
When logging in, you will need to know your district code:
Madison campus: HP-WI
Mount Horeb campus: MH-WI
Initial material pick up is August 28, from 8am until 3pm. Please follow the carpool path to get to the back of the building by the Art room door (Entrance 4). There will be a sign labeled “Classroom Materials Pick Up”.
Please have a sign with your student's last name and grade clearly displayed in your car window. Please open your trunk, and a teacher will place the materials in your vehicle for a no contact delivery.
Students will regularly exchange materials/assignments with teachers each Friday. Materials will be ready for pick up each Friday morning. Homework should be returned the following Friday, when picking up the next week's materials.
Parent's Night FAQs
Yes. Students can bring toys to play with at recess (sidewalk chalk, jump ropes, stuffed animals/dolls, etc.) Please note: students may not bring balls to recess.
Items must go home with students at the end of each day.
Students in grades K-2 will receive virtual art instruction.
Students in grades 6-8 will receive instruction in Spanish.
Phy-Ed will be offered to all in-person students. Virtual students may receive optional instruction in Phy-Ed.
At this time, we are not able to offer any other specials classes. This is due to the difficulty in sanitizing materials used in some classes or lack of staff availability, as some staff have been assigned other necessary duties.
No. If you have an issue with device access or bandwidth, please contact your child's teacher.
If your student is not able to login by the designated start time, please contact your child's teacher. If your child is not able to participate in a class live, (schedule conflict, issue with internet/device, etc.) lessons will be recorded and available for viewing at the end of the school day.
Students will have plenty of opportunities to use hand sanitizer and wash their hands throughout the day. All sanitizers in use at HPCS meet the minimum alcohol content recommended by the CDC (at least 60%). Students are encouraged to wet their hands thoroughly and allow to dry without wiping.
Yes. Students will be able to sit in the shade while eating lunch. If weather does not permit students to eat outside, they will eat at their desks.
At this time, only students in Preschool - 2nd grade will be in-person. Students are spread out throughout the building, using various bathrooms. As much care as possible will be taken to ensure only one class is in the halls at a time. Students will be instructed to maintain 6 feet of distance. 1st and 2nd graders are the only students that are sharing bathrooms at this time. They will take bathroom breaks at separate times.