High Point Christian School is one of three schools that make up
Impact Christian Schools (ICS).
History of Impact Christian Schools
Sometime in the beginning of 2012, two Madison area pastors were playing basketball. Each of their churches operated a Christian school. As they spoke, one of them said, “I think we could use some help.”
Shortly thereafter, these two schools formed a relationship (Madison Christian Schools) under a management agreement that had a five-year window ending in May 2018. Great things were accomplished in this five-year period for both schools. Finances were strengthened and academic achievement flourished. Perhaps of greatest importance, two different types of churches found that they not only could work together, but they also found they could accomplish more when they came together under a common goal for God’s purposes.
During the school year of 2016-17, the conversation about the original partnership between High Point Christian School and Abundant Life Christian School began to change. The prevailing thought was, “that was good, is there more?” The conclusion was a resounding yes!
A new school was drawn into the conversation, Lighthouse Christian School. It soon became apparent that other Christian schools beyond the Madison area were also interested in collaboration, and so in 2018 a new organization called Impact Christian Schools (ICS) was created and filed for non-profit status. These three schools formed the original charter and began working with ICS starting in the 2018-19 school year.
So back to the basketball court. The two pastors still play weekly and once in a while a question is asked, or a comment made. God is still at work in their hearts and minds. What else is God wanting to do?
What is Impact Christian Schools?
Impact Christian Schools is an administrative support platform for a distinctly Christian system of church-based schools that:
- Creates new seats in new schools for those who want a quality Christian education.
- Keeps the founding schools strong and moving forward in the ICS vision.
- Improves accessibility to high quality Christian education.
- Strives to bring quality Christian education to minority students.
- Through doing the ‘business’ of the school, keep administrators and teachers doing the ‘educating’ of the student.
- Assists beyond the students in each location and helps their families.
- Assists in creating growing communities around each ICS school.
- Assists in creating an inviting and safe culture, that reflects the student body in each school.
ICS is here to provide academic and school leadership for Christian schools with a much bigger vision than just providing quality education. ICS aims to come alongside what God would have done when his presence intersects education. The outcome? A robust educational environment where children can grow into great people, know their purpose, their identity, and how to participate in a community where others flourish as well.